Canada is known for its rich natural resources, vast expanses, and the land of endless opportunities! Canada is located in the northern part of the continent of North America, and is the largest country that has land borders with one country in the world. Canada is the third largest country in the world in terms of its geographical area.
General information on the subject of immigration to Canada 2020:
There are two main ways to come to Canada:
Coming to Canada on a permanent residence visa, or coming to Canada on a temporary work permit.
But in this article we will talk about immigration to Canada through a permanent residence visa, which can be obtained through one of the immigration programs that we will mention and we will elaborate on more.
As for the temporary residence permit, we will talk about it also, but we will not go into it much because what matters most to us is permanent residence in Canada.
What does it mean to obtain permanent residence in Canada?
Once a person obtains a Canadian immigrant visa that permits him to stay permanently there, he or she will enjoy most of the rights and duties of Canadian citizens.
Permanent residency means that a person can reside in Canada indefinitely as long as they accumulate two years of residency in each 5-year period.
Meaning that a person every 5 years must have resided in Canada for at least two years, otherwise he will lose his residency.
After a migrant resides in Canada for 3 years, he can apply for Canadian citizenship until he becomes a Canadian citizen.
The good news is that Canadian law recognizes dual citizenship, so a person does not have to give up the citizenship of his country of origin in order to obtain Canadian citizenship.
How can immigration to Canada 2020?
- Regardless of the years, whether 2019 or 2020 … Immigration to Canada and obtaining permanent residency in it requires passing through one of the six categories of Canadian immigration, which are:
- Federal skilled workers;
- Skilled workers in Quebec;
- The regional candidate program;
- Family welfare program;
- Business migrants;
- Canadian Experience Class.
- It is also possible to come to Canada within the category of asylum or temporary foreign workers program, but these last two categories do not fall within the immigration programs that the government sets annually.